One of Ordnance Factory Board Kolkata’s principal ammunition production facilities is Munitions India Limited (Ordnance Factory, Khamaria). The OFK spans 259 hectares, with an EDK (Explosive Depot Khamaria) covering 303 hectares and an estate covering 1430 hectares. The location of OFK is 10 km east of the Jabalpur railway station. During World War II, the factory was established in 1943 as one of the Eastern group initiatives to supply Allied forces with ammunition.
Munitions India Limited (Ordnance Factory, Khamaria) received IAS-accredited ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 Certifications. The scope of the certification includes Manufacturing, Assembling and explosive Filling of Ammunition for Armed Forces in India and Friendly Countries Abroad.
What is ISO 14001 Certification?
ISO 14001 certification’s goal is to make clear the recommended procedures for businesses looking to implement an efficient environmental management system (EMS). It tracks and reports on a company’s environmental sustainability to stakeholders, both inside and outside the organisation. Firms employ Environmental Management requirements to boost business efficiency, such as cutting waste in the manufacturing or distribution cycle, as well as for regulatory reasons, like avoiding fines.
Benefits of ISO 14001 standards for Munitions India Limited (Ordnance Factory, Khamaria)
- The PDCA cycle can help the organisation improve and increase productivity regularly. Hence, it upholds the standard while preserving the environment.
- The pollution is increasing severely and needs to be prevented from harming the ecosystem. Furthermore, implementing best practices to safeguard the environment might be aided by the ISO 140001 standard.
- The ISO 14001 standard offers recommendations for environmental protection and enhances the functionality of nature.
What is ISO 45001 Certification?
An organisation can enhance its occupational health and safety performance to avoid illness and injury by implementing the ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS). It demonstrates an organisation’s dedication to offering a work environment that minimises or eliminates the risk of disease or harm to your employees, the community, or clients.
Benefits of ISO 45001 standards for Munitions India Limited (Ordnance Factory, Khamaria)
- ISO 45001 assures a management system satisfies worldwide standard standards, which contributes to enhancing trust and brand integrity.
- The certification proves that the management system of an organisation conforms to global standards and occupational safety laws.
- OHSMS confirms your organisation’s competence and gives you the confidence to suggest profitable alliances.
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) has developed the ISO standards to enhance the effectiveness and working of a business management system. Munitions India Limited (Ordnance Factory, Khamaria) received ISO 14001 and 45001 certifications to improve the working of the management system and achieve intended outcomes.